Spouses and children under the age of 21, regardless of nationality, can apply for and receive E visas to accompany or follow to join the principal alien in the United States. Derivatives receive the same visa classification as the principal alien.
If you are including a spouse or children on your application as the principal alien, you should include relevant documents establishing your relationship, such as a marriage certificate or birth certificates.
If you are applying only as the spouse or child of an alien who has already been issued an E visa and whose E visa remains valid, you do not need to submit a full binder. Rather, please submit the following documents:
- Valid passport
- The DS-160 application form confirmation page
- The DS-156E application form
- A letter of agreement* between the investor and any legal representative (Form G-28 if the representative is an attorney) signed by both parties and including a contact email address and phone number
- Color copies of the bio data page of the principal alien’s passport and the visa
- A copy of any changes or extensions of status granted by USCIS (Form I-797)
- A signed statement of intent to depart the United States upon termination of status
- Documents demonstrating a valid relationship between the spouse or child and the principal applicant, such as a marriage certificate or birth certificate
- For each applicant, a passport-size photo.
Please note: A full binder is required in applications where the principal applicant’s visa has expired.
Please note that documents marked with * must be submitted in English or be accompanied by an official English translation