The consular section in Paramaribo is only accepting E visa applications for citizens or permanent residents of Suriname or French Guiana. Follow the steps below only if you are a citizen or permanent resident of Suriname or French Guiana and you want to apply for a treaty trader or treaty investor visa.
Step 1: Complete the DS-160 Online Application
- Completed Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application, Form DS-160
You will be taken through a series of questions which you must answer truthfully. Please note that you must answer EVERY question on the application form. If the answer to a question is “none,” please write “none,” do not leave it blank.
When finished, print the final “Confirmation Page” with the barcode. This page MUST be presented on the date of your visa interview.
If you choose to use a visa preparation service, such as travel agency, it is your responsibility to ensure the information they enter into your DS-160 application is complete and accurate. You are responsible for all errors in your application, which may jeopardize your qualification for a visa.
Incomplete or incorrect forms may be rejected on the day of your appointment, and you may be required to schedule a new interview appointment.
The DS-160 must be fully completed and submitted before an interview can be scheduled.
Step 2: Register for Visa Service and Pay Visa Processing Fee
- Go to the Visa Appointment Service Website
- Create an account
- Follow the instructions of how to add applicant’s information.
- Pay the nonrefundable visa application and processing fee of $ 315 per applicant.
- Follow the instruction in step three below only if the system directs you to this website to submit your E-file electronically.
Step 3: Submit your E-file
Submit your E-file electronically using the following format:
Additionally, submit in a separate PDF, the fully only completed form DS-156E.
E-mail the application file for E-visas, together with the separate DS-156E form, to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org and use the following subject line: E Visa Application – Applicant’s full name.
Step 4: Appear for Interview
When the consular officer has reviewed the file you will receive an automated email, instructing you to go back to your account on Official U.S. Department of State Visa Appointment Service | English (usvisa-info.com) and to schedule your visa interview appointment. The consular officer will determine at the visa interview if the applicant is eligible to receive the E-visa.
Please bring the following documents to the Consular Section at the appointed date and time:
- current valid passport (previous passport with last issued visa if applicable)
- Printed DS-160 confirmation sheet (with barcode on it),
- current 2 x 2 inch (5x5cm) photo not older than six months – with a light or white background and without eyewear. View the Photo Composition Template for more size requirement.
Step 5: Return to Collect your Passport and Visa
If your visa is approved, you will be notified of the date and time at which you can return to the Embassy to collect your passport and visa.