Do not travel to French Guiana due to COVID-19.
Read the Department of State’s COVID-19 pagebefore you plan any international travel.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 3 Travel Health Notice for French Guiana due to COVID-19.
Travelers to French Guiana may experience border closures, airport closures, travel prohibitions, stay at home orders, business closures, and other emergency conditions within French Guiana related to COVID-19. Visit the Embassy’s COVID-19 page for more information on COVID-19 in French Guiana.
Read the country information page.
If you decide to travel to French Guiana:
- See the U.S. Embassy’s web page regarding COVID-19.
- Visit the CDC’s webpage on Travel and COVID-19.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebookand Twitter.
- U.S. Citizens who travel abroad should always have a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
Last Update: Reissued with updates to COVID-19 information.