Embassy of the United States of America
Paramaribo – Suriname
Auction by sealed bid
The Embassy of the United States of America invites you to participate in our February 2019 auction. The auction will be conducted as a sealed or silent auction. Please follow these guidelines:
- The property lot is available to be seen in person. The car will be parked in the visitor parking lot in front of the main entrance of the U.S. Embassy building. Please review the photos with the description of the lot and the minimum bid of US$ 3000,- here. Bidding and viewing is open between Monday February 25, 2019 until Thursday, February 28, 2019 from 08:00 a.m. to 15:30 p.m.
- Bids must be placed in the bid box. The bid box will be placed at the guard post at the main entrance of the U.S. Embassy building. The main entrance is on Kleinestraat. Please note – this is not the Consular or Service Entrance.
- Place all your bids on the same bid sheet. Your offer/bid must be in whole US$ or SRD (no cents).
- The U.S. Embassy will contact the winning bidder by phone/e-mail on Friday, March 01, 2019.
- Once you are chosen as a winner, you must pay in full US$ or SRD at the U.S. Embassy cashier on Wednesday, March 06, 2019 from 10:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m. For US$ you can pay cash or with a check from a U.S. bank, for SRD you can only pay cash
- The cashier will provide a receipt to the winner, which they must present when picking up their item. This may be on Wednesday, March 06, 2019 from 10:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m. after you have paid in full. Winner must provide their own labor and transportation. Unpaid or unclaimed lot remains property of the U.S. Embassy.
- All items are sold “as-is” – no warranties, exchanges, returns, or refunds are accepted. The U.S. Embassy is not responsible for any taxes or duties on items sold. Winning bidders are responsible for any taxes and/or duties owed on the property on which you successfully bid.
- For additional questions, please contact the following telephone numbers: 556700 # 2185 or 2264
Bids sheets are available to download. Click on the bid form link on the right of this page.