Embassy of the United States of America
Paramaribo – Suriname
Auction by sealed bid
The Embassy of the United States of America invites you to participate in our September 2023 auction. The auction will be conducted as a sealed or silent auction. Please follow these guidelines:
- The property lots are not available to be seen in person. Please review the photos with the description of the lot and any minimum bid here. Bidding is open between Wednesday, September 13, 2023, from 07:30 a.m. until Monday, September 18, 2023, at 08:00 a.m.
- Bids must be placed in the bid box. The bid box will be placed at the guard post at the main entrance of the U.S. Embassy building. The main entrance is on Kleinestraat. Please note – this is not the Consular or Service Entrance.
- You may bid for as many lots as you wish. Place all your bids on the same bid sheet. For all lots your offer must be in whole US$ or SRD (no cents). Bids without clearly marking USD or SRD will be invalid and not considered.
- The U.S. Embassy will contact all winning bidders by phone/e-mail on Tuesday, September,19 2023.
- You are responsible for each lot you win. Once you are chosen as a winner, you must pay in full US$ or SRD at the U.S. Embassy cashier on Thursday, September 21, 2023, or Friday, September 22, 2023, from 10:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m. or by depositing into the US Embassy SRD SWEEP account no 20.983.59.62 at Hakrinbank. For US$ you can pay cash or by credit card: Payment in USD against US Embassy rate of exchange is possible by US credit card on bank in the USA (Embassy will provide additional info for this option)Sent copy of proof of payment to email firstname.lastname@example.org or by WhatsApp 8650310. Expenses cannot be deducted from sales amount. The entrance for the Cashier window is through the main entrance is on Kleinestraat.
- The cashier will provide a receipt to the winners, which they must present when picking up their items. All items may be picked up on Monday, September 25, 2023, or Tuesday, September 26, 2023, after you have paid in full. To reduce wait time, the Embassy will schedule a pick-up time. Winners must provide their own labor and transportation. Unpaid or unclaimed lots remain property of the U.S. Embassy.
- All items are sold “as-is” – no warranties, exchanges, returns, or refunds are accepted. The U.S. Embassy is not responsible for any taxes or duties on items sold. Winning bidders are responsible for any taxes and/or duties owed on the property on which you successfully bid..
- For additional questions, please contact the following telephone numbers: 556700 # 2185 or 2251.
Bids sheets are available to download. Click on the bid form link on the right of this page.