Embassy of the United States of America
Paramaribo – Suriname
Auction by sealed bid
The Embassy of the United States of America invites you to participate in our November 2020 auction. The auction will be conducted as a sealed or silent auction. Please follow these guidelines:
- Property lots are not available to be seen in person. Please review the photos with the description of the lots and any minimum bid per lot here. Bids must be placed in the bid box between Friday, November 20, 2020 from 07:30 until Monday, November 30, 2020 at 08:00
- The bid box will be placed at the guard post at the main entrance of the U.S. Embassy building. The main entrance is on Kleinestraat. Please note – this is not the Consular or Service Entrance.
- You may bid for as many property lots as you wish. Place all your bids on the same bid sheet. Your offer/bid must be in whole US$ or SRD (no cents).
- The U.S. Embassy will contact all winning bidders by phone/e-mail on Monday, November 30, 2020.
- You are responsible for each and every lot you win. Once you are chosen as a winner, you must pay in full US$ or SRD at the U.S. Embassy cashier on Tuesday, December 01, 2020 or Wednesday, December 02, 2020 from 09:00 until 11:00. For US$ you can pay cash or with a check from a US bank, for SRD you can only pay cash. The entrance for the Cashier window is through the main entrance on Kleinestraat.
- The cashier will provide a receipt to the winners, which they must present when picking up their items. All paid items may be picked up on Thursday, December 02, 2020, Friday, December 04, 2020 or Monday, December 07, 2020. To reduce wait time, the Embassy will schedule a pick-up time. Winners must provide their own labor and transportation. Unpaid or unclaimed lots remain property of the U.S. Embassy.
- All items are sold “as-is” – no warranties, exchanges, returns, or refunds are accepted. The U.S. Embassy is not responsible for any taxes or duties on items sold. Winning bidders are responsible for any taxes and/or duties owed on the property on which you successfully bid.
- For additional questions, please contact the following telephone numbers: 556700 # 2185 or 2264
Bids sheets are available to download. Click on the bid form link on the right of this page.