Last updated: 01/25/2023
The CDC’s Order requiring proof of vaccination for non-U.S. citizen nonimmigrants to travel to the United States is still in effect. For more information see Requirement for Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination for Air Passengers.
Check the CDC website for additional information and Frequently Asked Questions.
French Guiana has confirmed cases of COVID 19 within its borders. Please consult the prefecture for an updated case count.
- Are PCR and/or antigen tests available for U.S. citizens in French Guiana? Yes.
- If so, are test results reliably available within one calendar day? Yes.
- For a list of COVID-19 testing centers in French Guiana, please consult https://www.guyane.ars.sante.fr/covid-19-ou-se-faire-depister-en-guyane.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information:
- Has the government of France approved a COVID-19 vaccine for use? Yes.
- Are vaccines available in French Guiana for U.S. citizens to receive? Yes. Non-French citizens, including those who are not registered in the French health care system but who fall into one of the current criteria, can be vaccinated at a vaccination. Vaccination is voluntary.
- Which vaccines are available in French Guiana? Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson.
- France has begun its COVID-19 vaccination program. Vaccinations are being offered to various groups per the French government rollout plan. A detailed list of vaccination sites as well as lists of specific groups of people who currently qualify for vaccination may be found here: https://www.sante.fr/cf/centres-vaccination-covid.html.
- Visit the FDA’s website to learn more about FDA-approved vaccines in the United States.
- The United States Government does not plan to provide COVID-19 vaccinations to private U.S. citizens overseas. Please follow host country developments and guidelines for COVID-19 vaccination.
Entry and Exit Requirements:
- Are U.S. citizens permitted to enter? Yes.
- Is a negative COVID-19 test (PCR and/or serology) required for entry? No.
- Are health screening procedures in place at airports and other ports of entry? No.
- Is a curfew in place? No.
- Are there restrictions on intercity or interstate travel? No.
- Are U.S. citizens required to quarantine? No.
- Are commercial flights operating? Yes
- Air France and Air Caraïbes are operating flights between Cayenne and Paris. Please consult www.airfrance.gf or www.aircaraibes.com for more information.
- Is public transportation operating? Yes
- Taxis and buses are available.
Fines for Non-Compliance:
- The U.S. Embassy in Paramaribo, which provides consular services to U.S. citizens in French Guiana, is open for services to American citizens. To request an appointment, please write to email@example.com.
- The U.S. Embassy in Paramaribo has resumed routine visa interview appointments and interview waiver or “drop off” service for qualifying visa applicants by appointment only. For more information about the interview waiver renewal process, please visit https://sr.usembassy.gov/visas/interview-waiver-program-iwp/.
COVID-19 Vaccination Sites
COVID-19 Testing Sites
COVID-19 Traveler Information page on travel.state.gov
CDC page on COVID-19
French Guiana Country Information and French Guiana Travel Advisory on travel.state.gov
For medical assistance while in French Guiana, you may consult our list of medical resources in French Guiana.
View the U.S. Embassy Paramaribo, Suriname’s Most Recent Alerts